Saturday, December 25, 2004

Holiday Photoblogging


As promised, I'll leave you with some pictures that I brought back from Mosul last year. According to a recent article from the AP, these Iraqis no longer exist:


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Kids mobbed us every single time we stopped somewhere. I now know what it feels like to be a member of a boy band.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This is me sitting down at at one of the schools we helped to rebuild. The children all belonged to a couple that worked at the school (dad was the janitor). Mom was just about ready to deliver number 6, and she looked all of 22 years old. They're all in my video. Cute kids, huh? Some people think I look like Mel Gibson, but I don't see it.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Soldier having a discussion with the local grocer while his troops go inside to buy some Cokes. Grocer's 6-year-old son just comes out of nowhere, sits down next to the soldier, and puts his arm around him. How cool is that? We barely knew them when this picture was taken. Before we left, we were all very close friends. We'd have lunch together and everything. Good people.

I'll post more some other time...Seasons Greetings!

No comments: