Thursday, August 04, 2005

Blogs of War

Some of the folks who have been coming by since the early days of this blog may recall my little "dustup" with a journalist/TV personality by the name of John Hockenberry. Shortly after that interesting debacle I said that "if I ever bring him up again, I hope that it will be because of something positive." Well, I'm happy to report that something positive has indeed happened.

What most of you don't know is that John and I have been corresponding since then- via phone and email- mostly because he expressed a profound interest in writing an article about milblogs and the milblogging milbloggers who write them. I gave him a few leads (Mudville was probably all he needed), and he charged onward. Now that I think of it, I still have all those email exchanges- maybe I should ask for his consent to post a few of them- it would be pretty interesting, I think. But I digress- the article has arrived! You can find it here and in the current issue of Wired Magazine. Check it out!!!

I actually got an email from John last night- he'll be talking about the article on the Daily Show on August 10th- MARK YOUR CALENDAR!

No comments: