Thursday, October 14, 2004

Full Speed Ahead

Yesterday's post was a bit lengthy in case you didn't notice. It could have been 6 times longer, so be thankful! I'll keep this one short and sweet.

Ramadan is Coming

Just thought I'd give you a head's up. Those two attacks in the Green Zone this morning were a sign that the "Ramadan surge" may have begun. Sometime during the next 36 hours a Muslim will see the crescent moon, and the month-long religious holiday will begin. Last year, it got pretty bad. With the elections coming, I expect this year to be worse. One thing you might not know about this morning's attack- we think there was a third guy who chickened out. He was spotted running away with his back pack on.

Next Scandal Please!

In case you were wondering what the next scandal was going to be- you need look no further than Bill O'Reilly. If you have a strong stomach, you can read about his brand new sexual harassment battle at the Smoking Gun. I'm warning you- it's really bad. I'm a pretty tough guy, and I barely got through it. If this woman has audiotapes, it might be curtains for Bill. I like Bill, but I've noticed some things since I began watching his show about 6 months ago- Bill likes to compliment the ladies. He seems to go out of his way to elaborate on a woman's beauty, sometimes while she's sitting right there in front of him. I've noticed some uncomfortable moments on his show, and I have to say I'm not all that surprised by this lawsuit. I hate "political correctness," but I'll never condone publicly embarrassing someone like that- I think Bill came fairly close to crossing the line a few times. I'm not convicting him here- I'm just not going to jump to his defense. There is one wildcard in this story- this woman quit her job with O'Reilly and went to CNN for a brief time before returning to O'Reilly earlier this year. Remember that O'Reilly recently unseated Larry King as the new "King of Cable." Wouldn't it be interesting if CNN was somehow behind this...

If you think I'm crazy, go out and rent a movie called Weapons of Mass Distraction.

No More Debates

I'm glad they're over. I wasn't impressed with any of them. I think both guys succeeded in not "screwing up," which was their only goal from the start...


No comments: